Kid's Pool Maint Question

Old 07-31-04, 08:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kid's Pool Maint Question

I live in Southern California. And every summer like a good Californian ( ), I pull my daughters pool out of the garage, and I huff and puff until I get dizzy and pass out.

With all the talk about the West Nile Virus and standing water, I was just wondering if there wasn't more I could do like adding chloring or other chemicals to treat the water. My best guess would say that it hold 75 - 100 gallons of water. This is not the fancy pump kind of pool either. I cover her pool after each use, but I want to do everything I can.

Thanks For Your Input,

seeburt

Old 07-31-04, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thumbs up

get the 4 in 1 test kit and use it. There is a small book with it that will tell you what to do. Home depot lowes Wal-mat all have it.

ED

Old 07-31-04, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ed,

My wife brought home the "The Pop Up Pool and Maint Kit" from Walmart", before I had a chance to read your post.

It contains:

1. 1 lb. of Shock 'n Swim
2. 1 lb. of Chlorinated Granules
3. 15 oz. of Stablaizer and Conditioner
4. Test Strips.

The directions make reference to a pump and stuff like that, which of course I don't have, but I guess there's an old canoe orr in the garage that could be used to mix it. My question is...is this what your were referring to?

Old 08-01-04, 11:37 AM
Thumbs up

Get the 4 in 1 test kit and use it, Forget the test strips. You will find that with kids""""""" there is no P in our ool You will find that you will need a lot of muractic acid for the Ph. About all you will need is the acid and I like to use liquid chlorine Pool chlorine is 10 % and like clorox is only 5% Just do what the test kit said.

ED

Old 08-02-04, 07:24 AM
Thumbs up

Forgot:::: go back there at Wal-Mart. In the pool chem stuff Look around they should have a small book there free from Aqua chem . Get one very good for you with the pool'

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: