Vinyl Pool Liner Stains

Old 08-05-04, 06:03 PM
are2bee
Visiting Guest
Vinyl Pool Liner Stains

undefined
Help!!
We had a replacement vinyl liner installed the first week of June and within a week and a half, stains started appearing, first near the steps, then spreading randomly the length of the pool. The manager of the pool store tried several chemicals -- none of which helped. The pool store owner and her installer came out and basically, said there was nothing else they could do and that it was mildew coming through the liner (27 mil). We have not heard from them in several weeks so I assume they are not going to be of further help. Meanwhile, we're out almost $2500 and have an eyesore. The pool has been in use since 1978 and this problem never happened before. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-05, 07:30 AM
Hi, Don't claim to be an expert re: vinyl liners ... however some things to me don't jive, first what color is the stains, how large and exactly where,
in order to grow mold I would think there would have to be almost no water movement, also if the mold came from behind the liner , seems like it would have to have a hole in the liner , which should translate into " leak" some types of algae are very hard to get rid of once you get them, and come in various colors, so please post back and inform us.

lol steve