Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

PUMP Dead does it have to due w/Salt Chlorinator?

Old 08-25-04, 11:31 AM
ecdbooksDOTcom
Visiting Guest

Hi,

Have had a pool for about 10 years. Last year I purchased a Salt Chlorinator instead of the traditional cholorine. Since my purchase of last year, I have gone through 2 pumps! First time pump was less than 4 years old. This time less than 5 months!

Unfortunaly, I live in a very small town and can only deal with one pool guy (the guy who sold the chlorinator AND the 2 pumps). Pool guy saying just bad luck, but he keeps getting my money!

Has anyone ever heard of the Salt Chlorinator killing the pump??? Any advice would help!

Thanks,
Sharon

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-04, 04:16 PM
Wink

We dont have any trouble here on that score. When they put it in did it kick up the psi much on the pump. I know here, have to clean the unit a lot . Not that the psi goes up but it dont put out the chlorine as it should till you clean it off. You said 10 years. You sure you have a good 220 volts there, still all wires tight on screws. could amp the motor. with an amprobe. you just get a motor dont you . not a whole pump.

ED