Fiberglass v/s pool kit

Old 09-14-04, 12:46 PM
Susy
Visiting Guest
Fiberglass v/s pool kit

We are planning (Or better I am) on a new pool. I have had enough of the above ground pool. It did it's purpose, but now I want an Oasis Anyway, So I did my research and found how costly a pool can be. The cheapest way to go is to do it yourself with either a Fiberglass pool, or one of those inground pool kits. The kits seem to be even cheaper than Fiberglass but are they worth the money? The problem with Fiberglass is, they are usually not very deep and my son loves to dive in the cool water on a hot day, which in Texas is just about every day.
Any suggestions, does anybody here used a kit and/or Fiberglass pool??

Thanks!!!!!

(PS - thanks for all the response to my above ground pool headache I posted...it turned out to be just "dirty" water from the Farmers dusts)

Old 09-14-04, 01:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

with Fiberglass is, they are usually not very deep and my son loves to dive in the cool water on a hot day, which in Texas is just about every day.
I dont think you will find one that deep. Here what we call a dive pool is about 9' deep. last one like that I had ,had a board and slide on it . But you better check out your insurance first on this.. Gunnite the pool in then marcite it .Good for about 10 years then remarcite it. Keep the deck very light color so it dont get hot to walk on.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: