Close Pool needs Help

Old 09-16-04, 05:46 PM
jqman
Visiting Guest
Question Close Pool needs Help

Hi there!

I am new to the forum and pool.

I want to close a in-ground pool in my newly purchased house in Northeast. I am totally new to pool. After two weeks learning and practice. I got the poolcrystal clear. If I want to close the pool what eaquipment do I need to buy? What is the steps? the pool has vinyl liner. I was told by somebody I need a shop vaccum? If I want to buy it what kind should I get?
Hope someone would give advice and help.

Thank youi very much.

jianqiao

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-04, 04:38 AM
rjc116
Visiting Guest
Closing pool

The easy answer is to call out a pool company at least the first time. You might learn a lot just from watching them. Here is what I do. Once pool water is stable; Ph is balanced and properly chlorinated, seal off all inlets and return lines. If you have a heater, read the instructions for closing. (very important. You don't want to ruin your heater. They are $$) Remove the pump motor and store inside (or at least wrap in plastic to keep dry). I never could figure out how to "blow out" the lines so I simply bought a drill powered pump and a long piece of plastic tubing. I insert tube into inlet and outlet pipes as far as I can and pump out as much water as I can. I then fill the pipes with pool safe antifreeze. If pool is properly covered, the water should still be clear and ready to go in the Spring.