Hot Air Pump

Old 09-23-04, 02:57 AM
UnskilledGranny
Visiting Guest
Question Hot Air Pump

This year I purchased a home with an inground pool which is in an enclosed pool house. It has windows all around but none on top. This prevented the pool from heating up this summer. The water temp never got over 79 to 80 degrees even when the temperature was in the upper 90's. My son tried putting up piping on the roof and painting it black. It didn't help. I really can't afford the monthly cost of installing a heater. I need to use my pool for my health. My sister suggested we get some type of air pump and pump hot air from the outside into the pool through some jets, but I've never heard of anyone doing this. Could this work. If so what suggestions would you have for me as to type of motor/pump (spa air pump?) and what kind of hose so it can go down to the bottom of the deep end (8 ft)? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Last edited by twelvepole; 09-23-04 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Posted email to take discussion off forums
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-04, 05:08 AM
Pool heating

Perhaps some solar panels would help. Keeping pool covered with bubble wrap cover will keep heat in water by trapping heat and minimizing evaporation. Most of a pool's heat loss is through evaporation.

Old 09-23-04, 08:01 AM
Wink

Go with the solar panels on the roof for sure they work very good. Have had them on 3 pools . Tried black pipe on the roof forget it. You can get the panels and your son can put them up. You use the same pump.Then you have to run the pool pump anyway so no more cost. Just for kicks I had my pool up to 98. Also if the pool is to warm you run the pump at night if need be. Use the Jandy valves to put the lines in to it this way you can control the water temp better

ED

Old 11-30-04, 08:11 PM
pool heat

swimming pools get warm from the sun. If the roof is soild the only way you are going to get the pool up to temp is by adding solar panels.