Can you reseal a hot tub?

Old 09-26-04, 12:56 PM
juliajoe
Visiting Guest
Can you reseal a hot tub?

I just bought a house with a hot tub that is working but has quite a few, seemingly superficial cracks. It's fiberglass.
Can it be resealed or do I need to buy a new liner?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-04, 12:13 PM
Wink

Check any boat store Ask for a GelKote finish. Are mix up some epoxy add color to it and you got it made. Then there is one called Clear Cote Gel Coat.

ED

Old 10-18-04, 10:44 AM
spaguy
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Think before you jump

I'm a duck is right in so much as it "can" be done... Much like I "can" rebuild that crumpled up ball of aluminum foil which used to be my corvette.

The issue is... Is it worth it?

You will never match the pattern of colors and the swirl pattern in the bowl, so it will almost always look bad if you try.

The process of applying "Gelcote" is not as easy as it sounds, and you are very likely to ruin what little beauty you currently have, not save it.

What condition is the electrical equipment in? Good or better? Think about a new bowl, $2000 for a big one $1250 for a small one... IF big IF you can locate someone who will sell you one.

A correctly done total bowl rehab can cost $1000 and is not a do it yourself job. If I were you, I would start looking around for a used tub for sale, or just save up for a new tub while using the old one.

Good luck!

Old 10-18-04, 02:20 PM
Wink

Just info im a duck happens to be

I----M----ED---- U---- C

ED

Old 10-31-04, 05:55 PM
Is it currently leaking? "Supercial" cracks shouldn't be leaking. Cosmetic cracks shouldn't be an ordeal, and the maker may have a repair kit.

A Corvette made of aluminum foil?