Pool closing problem.

Old 10-12-04, 04:48 AM
rjc116
Visiting Guest
Pool closing problem.

I have an inground, vinyl liner pool. I made a devise for blowing out the water lines. I attached a fitting with a valve on the end to the inlet port in the pool. I then introduced compressed air into the line at the filter end. I open the valve in the pool until I only get air coming out and then close it. This worked fine on one inlet but the other one had air bubbling out from around the face plate of the inlet port after I had closed the valve. So there must not be an air tight fitting there. What also happened was that the inlet port bulged out from the pool wall about 1/4". Did I damage anything by doing this? I decide just to wait till Spring to investigate further.

Old 10-18-04, 12:24 AM
spaguy
Visiting Guest
Oops!

The good news is that it should be an easy fix.

The bad news is "Boy did you screw up!" hehehe

Vinyl lined pools are vacuum installed... this means that you just partly "un" installed your liner at that point.

Try getting a shop vac and inventing a fitting to use to connect to the same place you "blew" into... Plug the opening, and try to reverse the process you initiated with the air hose.

THREAD EDITED:
Forum Monitors Note:
This post has been edited.
E-mail address only removed.
Kindly use the forum topics only, to exchange information.
Email contact addresses are not allowed in the forum topics.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 10-18-04 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Email contact addresses are not allowed in the forum topics.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: