Spa Not Bubbling

Old 10-17-04, 05:11 PM
mondo
Visiting Guest
Spa Not Bubbling

I have an inground pool\spa combo and it's worked great for years. But last week the spa stopped bubbling regardless of the Jandy valve position (pool\spa or spa\spa) but I still have plenty of volume. Additionally, when I use the pump to drain the spa into the pool then refill the spa from the pool, the jets spray very hard and it looks like it's going to work without any problems. But as soon as the water covers the jets "eyeballs" the force of the water rapidly decreases and the spa fills and overflows into the pool with plenty of volume. But no bubbles!
I called the local pool service company out and he told me the "in-line" venturi was probably clogged and they would need to install a blower. Does this sound correct?

Thanks

Old 10-18-04, 01:38 AM
spaguy
Visiting Guest
No Way Man!

First off, if the venturi is clogged... fix it, don't sell the customer something they don't need!

Hi ya!

You have a choice... fix the old one or install a new one... a blower just complicates things. This is their way of getting money out of you.

I can walk you through it, I think...

Email me and we will go over it in detail, as this could take time to narrow down, easy fix though!

THREAD EDITED:
Forum Monitors Note:
This post has been edited.
E-mail address only removed.
Kindly use the forum topics only, to exchange information.
Email contact addresses are not allowed in the forum topics.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 10-18-04 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Email contact addresses are not allowed in the forum topics.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: