whirlpool/massage inserts?

Old 11-09-04, 11:15 AM
whirlpool/massage inserts?

We are going to be getting a large soaking tub at my house. I've expressed interest in getting a whirlpool tub with the massage jets, however the owner does not want to deal with the plumbing issues and cost of repairs. She has said that we could get the 'drop in pads that work with an external box' to get hydromassage action.

I have seen things like this; dinky little bits of plastic with aquarium pumps to blow a few bubbles into the tub. But I have not seen any sort of serious hydromassage unit that could get placed in a tub, used, then removed.

Does anyone know of a 'serious' drop in hydromassage unit? Cheap is not the limiting factor here; just the desire that there permanently installed unit built into the tub.

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-04, 04:42 PM
Group Moderator
It sounds like you do not own the house and you want to install a jetted tub in the bathroom?

Old 11-09-04, 04:53 PM
I do not own the house, but all work will be done by or with the agreement of the owner. The owner lives in the house and uses the bathroom in question.

The owner is about to invest in significant upgrades to the bathroom, including replacing all of the fixtures and putting in a large soaking tub.

She has stated explicitly that she does not want to install a jetted tub, because she does not want to deal long term with the potential of leaks and repairs. However she is willing to get some sort of external appliance which will provide some of the features of a jetted tub.

I just need a pointer to the hardware.

Thanks
Jon