Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

What are important considerations for installing a hot tub inside a sun room

Old 11-21-04, 12:11 PM
specialfolks
Visiting Guest

I am considering putting a hot tub in a sunroom. What type or manufacturer makes the best insulated unit ? How much head with the cover closed will the unit put into the room ? How do you get rid of the chemical smell in a closed area ?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-04, 02:16 PM
Wink

I feel the main thing is that you have to control the humidity in the room. A good V/B on all the walls. might want in and out vent fans.

ED

Old 11-26-04, 09:10 AM
SkyKing
Visiting Guest
You can put aroma scents into the tub. I also will be building a hot tub into a sun room. Humidity in the winter can cause big problems, so you should have a ventilation system or a de humidifier.

Old 11-28-04, 04:06 PM
Group Moderator
I open our spa room to the house during the winter months to let the moisture humidify the house. I keep the spa covered when not in use and I loose less than a quart of water per day on average. We still use a humidifier in the winter in addition to the spa. The only time the spa gets the upper hand is when we have a party and it spends hours running with the jets on.

It is only during the summer months that I make sure to get the moisture out since I'm too cheap to pay the air conditioner to dehumidify the air.

Old 12-27-04, 04:50 PM
ventilation and possible a de-humidifier
Hot Springs Spa and Demension One Spa are two manufactres that make spa that are fully insulated with polyurethane foam. and come with a thick insulating cover, heat , water, loss would be next to zero with cover on.

steve