dirty pool

Old 12-20-04, 08:57 AM
bjcelt
Visiting Guest
dirty pool

Hello,

My name is Ben. I recently bought a home w/ a swamp for a backyard pool. The seller had to "shock" the pool in order to sell the house. However it is still quite cloudy and a little nasty. Would you recommend draining and filling the pool and basically starting over, or try to "re-shock" the pool then test the chems and go from there?

Thank you,

Florida-Ben

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-04, 09:12 AM
Rather than draining, I would first take a water sample to a pool center and have them tell you what chemicals you need to get it back where it belongs. Somethings, like mustard algea, require partial draining and treatment a few times. If you have doubts about one pool center, take another sample elsewhere. Good luck.

Old 12-20-04, 09:32 AM
I agree with Majakdragon, take a sample down and have it analyzed. This will tell what chemicals you need to add. TDS can cause you to drain some water out as well…. If you do end up draining water out of your pool…Be careful not to drain too much out… If you have a high water table in your area you can run into problems… Then run your filter pump a lot, clean out the filter and pump pot and run your filter some more. After you get your chemicals balanced and filter the water your pool will clean up…