Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Whats the trick for replacing filter lid?

Old 01-01-05, 11:42 AM
frederick
Visiting Guest

I just tried cleaning my pool filter myself and now I can't get the lid back on the tank. The O-ring won't let the lid close all the way around. Its a Purex Triton 2000 with a clamp ring that is supposed to pull the lid down around the o-ring and then you tighten the bolt on the front to hold it together. But there's no way you can push the lid down or grab the ring and pull it together. I can get one side of the lid down, but then the other side won't go down. I know you guys must have some trick for this.
Thanks... I'm clueless...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-05, 05:46 PM
Some filters are harder than others to get the lid onů..Put a good amount of Silicone Lubricant on the o-ring (you can get it at any Pool Supply Store) Careful not to stretch out the o-ring, also if there seems to be a lot of black residue on your fingers when you put on the grease the o-ring may need replacing...After you grease the o-ring it should make it easier to get the lid onů If the lid still wont go you can run the filter pump long enough to fill the filter until it is about to over-flow, then quickly turn off the filter pump and put on the lid with the air relief closed. This will pull the lid down as the water drains out of the filter.