Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

hot tub is leaking, and 2nd pump kicks breaker

Old 01-20-05, 12:52 PM
Mikeey
Visiting Guest

It is really hard to see in there, but there is water under the tub, and the Plumbing looks dry, so supect maybe one of the sprayer nozzles(?) can't really get to them, so hope they are fixed from the outside -and how do I find the leak?

Also, the 2nd pump is now flipping the breaker after a minute on (4hp)-this
tub is 3 years old and these are the first problems. Connections seem dry on all visible plumbing and on the 2nd pump - sure could use some advise.....
-Mikeey

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-05, 09:30 AM
Mikeey
Visiting Guest
got it -

figured it out- the heater manifold had a pin hole leak that was leaking into the panel - changed out the theater and manifold and problems both solved.
-Mikeey

Old 01-31-05, 06:57 PM
Hi Mikee , just read both of your post, good for you, sometimes it can be that easy, now do yourself a favor and check the ph and total alkalinity, if your using tabs in a floater, I suggest you stop, sounds like the ph may have become a little acedic , therby eating a hole in the metal heater housing, if your unsure in the least or the spa has not been drained in awhile [ I would suggest draining quarterly ] drain that puppy, and start fresh, be sure to prime the pump before starting up for the first time after refilling.

hope this helps, steve