need new lining or coating for pool

Old 01-22-05, 09:34 PM
Mommiecakes
Visiting Guest
need new lining or coating for pool

my pool liner (fiberglass) is starting to crack here and there for no other reason the age. it is about 25yrs old. i want to replace it but don't know how to go about it. money is tight and i want to know what it might cost. i looked in the yellow pages but can't find anyone who works on anything other then new instillations. i was told "gunite" is what should be done. ?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-05, 10:31 AM
Gunite and plaster are a lot more expensive than fiberglass resurfacing. I would call the companies that you saw in the phone book Iím sure if you ask they would be able to refer you to someone who can help you.

Old 01-23-05, 11:42 AM
Wink

You dont say what you have there. Is it a all fiberglass pool. Are one that they put a fiberglass cover over the cement like. If its the full fiberglass one look around any boat fixer upper at a boat yard can do it. if its the fiberglass over the cement gunite Id say forget itand redo the whole pool. All of the companys down here that where relining the pools with fiberglass are long gone . It has all come off it didnt hold up .

ED

Old 01-23-05, 08:12 PM
Mommiecakes
Visiting Guest
Question

thanks for your imput. i am not sure what material it is made of. i am assuming that it is fiberglass because when water got reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly low the pool seemed to have a skin / liner. i have own this house five years and the previous owners installed it over 20 plus years ago.