Spa Pushings or Eyeballs

Old 01-24-05, 12:20 PM
Stagreg
Visiting Guest
Spa Pushings or Eyeballs

I had a new pool and spa installed. Amoung other issues I just found out that they did not install "eyeballs" in the spa jets. They have given me two options to correct this problem.
1. They will come and chip away at the plaster, install the eyeballs then patch. They said that the patch job would be noticed.
or
2. They can just install pushings which would not be flush.
Is there a big difference in pushings or eyeballs and their operations? I paid more for special jets so I kinda feel like their getting off easy if I accept the pushings but I will have spots in the plaster afterwards? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-05, 12:59 PM
Wink

Do the stubs have threads on them that you can screw new jets on ? If not Id make them go #1 but redo the whole spa with the new diamond brite resurfacing. Its their screw up.

ED

Old 01-24-05, 01:34 PM
Stagreg
Visiting Guest
Quartz Plaster

Im not sure but I will check when I get home. But, regarding the plaster. We ordered the quartz finish plaster. I was told it would not stain, mottle or discolor. This is absoulty not the case. I ask them if they just put in standard plaster and was told no, it was the quartz. We have three large stains, one in the pool under one of the jets, one on the bottom where they used the hose to fill it and the other in the spa on the seat. Also, on every step you can see the brush marks from when they installed it. The color I choose was white plaster with the grey quartz. The color I have is pure grey with what looks like a bad marbling all over, three large stains and brush marks on the steps and seats. Now is this normal. They told me it was for grey??? Thank you for your input!

Old 01-24-05, 02:13 PM
Wink

Cant say about all they use down here is blue. Makes the water look better.

ED

Old 01-25-05, 10:39 AM
Staygreg, do you know what type of jets you ordered? If they are Waterway Jets they will have to more than just chip away. Adjustable Waterway jets extend past the wall of the Spa they are not flush, they have more action than a directional eyeball and you can change the type of head. The inlet fittings or directional eyeballs are more than likely the type you have on your pool returns. They would extend past the Spa wall just like the adjustable Waterway Spa Jets but would not have the same action as an adjustable jet.

Old 01-27-05, 05:40 PM
Hi Stagreg , will wait on your post back regarding the eyeballs, the jet part is normally in the spa wall, however like millenniumpools stated , if they are waterway adjustable , or even hydro air adjustable , they will more than likely have to break out,

as far as the plaster having trowel marks, or other types of finishing marks, that is a workmanship complaint, may get sticky getting them to make it right.

as far as the color goes it all comes down to whats in writing ! that includes the jets also, however if they put an adjustable jet in your spa , in order for it to perform as desired they will have to add the omitted parts, no charge to you and afterwards if the patch job is not satisfactory to good workmanship you possibly can get remedy, I know in my state Kalifornia the state contractors law is is tough on contractorsa that don't measure up.

good luck, steve

Old 02-04-05, 05:09 PM
Stagreg
Visiting Guest
Well, the current jets do not have threads on them. The plaster company did come out to take a look at them. I told them I wanted it corrected to the way they should have been installed and the entire spa re-plastered. There supposed to let me know sometime next week how it will be handled.
Thanks all!!