new to me spa

Old 01-25-05, 09:16 AM
byrongoldie
Visiting Guest
Cool new to me spa

just recieved a small spa 4x6 i.d. need to build pad and deck
need to know what i need. what pump,filter, heater?
can i sink it a foot or 2. have basic design for a deck in my head. have done
decks before. where do i start? ok -- placement-plum-elect
dont know who makes it any ideas would help thanx

Old 01-26-05, 08:35 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi byrongoldie, you didn't mention if this is a spa shell pre-plumbed with jets or what, altho that is not an issue you definitely can put it partially or all the way in the ground , leave the lip exposed. backfill with sand, leave your suction , return, air lines stubbed up so you can connect to lines running back to the equipment, before you start you may want to put it up on blocks , cap off all plumbing lines and fill her up. let it sit for 24 hours, if you have a leak it will appear, be sure to support the bottom, the seating and the walls, rember water is heavy, post back and let us know how many jets, air channel, yes/no ? how far away will the equipment be, do you have natural gas available, propane ?

and we will help you out with the size of equipment

steve

Old 01-31-05, 07:01 AM
byrongoldie
Visiting Guest
thanx steve update

thanx for post steve;
read alot of threads and sounded like sinking was bad idea.
layed pad over weekend: level,atleast 4" deep with 3/8 rebar.
found out maker(wild water spas). has 4 jets,and is preplumbed.
have some time off work so once i get concrete dry(in shade all day)
will move spa onto pad and start deck. i talked to local spa repair dude
and all need is a power pack,i think im going to put in electric, so spa is
powered and i can get an outlet to bbq for blender. gas is available but
seems like more work and money.
about the spa; it has 4 jets, preplumbed,roughly 5'x7' o.d.
so please fill free to talk me out of anything its not late
thanx for your help
Byron

Old 01-31-05, 07:28 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Again Byron, a spa pak is ok , most come complete, meaning controls, pump, 6 kw heater [ thats 6,000 watts , think of 6 hair dryers ] generally a 2 speed pump, heater and circulation runs on low speed , jets and heater runs on high speed, the down side , youll need 50 amp service dedicated from your main ele. panel or possibly an existing sub panel , providing you have enough service at the sub panel, be prepared to spend upwards of $1000.00 for this. you will also need an insulated cover,

I personally like a full size pool pump, 2 speed is fine, gas heater, will cost you more initially, but natural gas is always cheeper than ele. propane is also an option, the pump / filter/ heater can be around the corner or in a remote shed cutting down on the noise level. controls by compool or jandy, if you live where it freezes they have a built in freeze control.

either way would work, also give your concrete plenty of time to cure, before puttin the spa on it water is very heavy 8.333 lbs. per gal 300 gal spa = 2,499 lbs. OVER 1 TON

lol steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: