Pebble Tec Pool color

Old 01-28-05, 09:56 AM
C5RAP
Visiting Guest
Pebble Tec Pool color

The pool that were getting will have the Pebble Tec finish. The chlorine treated, heated pool will be on the east side of the house and will be about 390 square feet free form with a raised spa that spills over to the main pool.

Im in favor of a darker color finish to give it a more natural look. Ive been told that a darker pebble Tec finish will require draining and special cleaning after a few years that is not required on a light color.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Old 01-29-05, 02:31 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi C5RAP , not true, any surface can stain, however the dark colors generally are better at " hiding " stains, a lighter , contrasting stain like rust, would stand out , but there again rust stains will stand out on any color pool surface, where some people may be having a problem is in seperating a pebble tec type surface, from colored plaster, colored plaster will develope curing " patterns " each pool seeme to be somewhat different, a black pool does not stay solid black, a grey pool does not stay solid grey, a blue grey pool does not stay a solid blue grey, however in contrast a pebble tec type finish will stay a uniform shade altho it may lighten as yrs go by,

if it was me Id definitely go for the pebble tec, [ most have a longer warranty than regular plaster and the warranty can be transfered to a second party, check with the people who are applying the pebble tec in your area ]

Note: Pebble Tec is a registered trade mark, most plasterers are applying a like " pebble tec type surface,

hope this helps in some way, steve

Old 01-29-05, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Have had pools and worked on them now for 15 years, No way will I use as dark color in the pool are around the pool deck forsure. All pools around here now use the Diamond Brite for in the pool. I have had to remarcite two pool here it didnt last to long. The pool I have now is with the Diamond Brite and still good after 10 years. They are saying now it comes with a lifetime warranty.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: