Hot tub Breaker tripped in -10 weather

Old 01-29-05, 08:00 PM
$alesman
Visiting Guest
Hot tub Breaker tripped in -10 weather

I have a Beachcomber Hot Tub and the breaker tripped a day or so ago. The pipes are frozen and the light and stereo for some reason do not work after I turned the power back on. I have no idea what caused the breaker to trip and I now have a portable heater in the pump house trying to thaw the pipes so we can get some circulation. There is a message on the screen saying "FLO - ICE". I understand that the FLO refers to the lack of FLO through the system and that the ICE refers to the temperature setting being below the minimum 80 degrees. Any suggestions on how to get this tub back and running? What about the stereo and light? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 01-31-05, 06:37 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi $alesman , sounds like your on the right tract, first things first, thaw that baby out, its my guess, it froze up the pump tried to come on and tripped the breaker, ? leave the breaker tripped untill it completely thaws out.

post back and we can go foward from what you find,

lol steve

Old 02-07-05, 04:05 PM
BubbleLuvr
Visiting Guest
I have read on another website, can't remember which, that if the power supply electrical wiring is not done exactly as per directions, that tripping of the breaker can happen. Sometimes, I believe, it has to do with improper wiring of the ground and or the neutral. Contact a local dealer to get a referral to have an electrician come out to inspect.

I have also read on a website that a person was having many trips on hot tub. He finally accessed inside the hot tub to the electronic panel and determined that two nuts securing leads for the heater were loose and tripping the breaker. He had also mentioned as a side-note that to isolate the potential problem, he would systematically disconnect electrical plug-ins to the panel to try to determine what was causing the tripping, unplugging one motor/pump at a time, the heater, etc. Finally, after discovering the nuts loose, and tightening them, no more problem. He then went through and ensure every fastner was tight so as to ensure there were no problems in the near future.

Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: