liner or cement

Old 01-31-05, 10:35 AM
SHELLEE
Visiting Guest
Unhappy liner or cement

bought our house three years ago liner was told to be new we moved in it was fall come spring water was going down went to have realtor replace it after we find out it was 10 years old but they didnt(after three years of fighting) so now we have pool with no water in it, liner tore up ,dirt falling in and rods coming out does anyone know how much this will cost us, and should we go cement?

Old 01-31-05, 07:08 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Shellee , I can pretty much guarantee you concrete, [ gunite ] will cost you more, due to the cost of the product, labor to remove , shape, add steel, is like you have the hole everything else will have to be " built " on site, I personally prefer concrete pools, all pools, will eventually need repairs of some sort, you may want to contact a few builders in your area and get some price quotes, and then you can make a better decision on what you would like to do.

hope this helps some, steve

Old 02-01-05, 03:31 PM
SHELLEE
Visiting Guest
Ok If I Go With Liner, Does Any One Know A Cheap Place To Get Them Our Pool Is A 16x 32 Hooper Style

Old 02-02-05, 09:25 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again Shellee , I personally am not into vinyl liners however there are different grades, thickness, ultra vilot light inhibiters, and so on, call around your area and get estimates, also monitor this site as there are some who post that are quite knowledgeable re: vinyl liners

lol steve

Old 02-03-05, 11:20 AM
SHELLEE
Visiting Guest
Red face

THANKS STEVE I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT . SHELLEE

Old 02-07-05, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW, if they got 10 years out of that liner, they did good.

Next time, ask for proof, receipts are usually kept for that sort of thing, as they tend to have long warranties.

Liners aren't THAT expensive, but repairing the pool to accept it once you start letting it fall in will be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: