Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

convert hot tub water heater from natural to propane gas

Old 02-05-05, 04:32 AM
stiggy
Visiting Guest

Can I convert my hot tub water heater from natural gas to propane. The heater is a compfortzone, mod sg-II 60n, 60000 btu, 75 psi. If so where do you get the parts or kits required.

Old 02-06-05, 06:56 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,461 Posts
I don't know anything about your heater, but furnaces and stoves are easily converted by changing the orfice (the hole the gas squirts through into the burner).

Contact the heater manufacturer or do an online search for parts.

Old 02-09-05, 08:55 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Stiggy, like Piolt Dane stated you have to change the orifices and also the gas valve, I personally don't use the comfortzone heaters, however go to your local pool / spa store and they can order the parts for you, or can get you in touch with a comfortzone rep. who will steer you in the right direction.

steve

Old 02-10-05, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Yes you can go to Lp on the heater. Check with the heater company for a LP kit You might need new burners also for the LP.Along with the gas valve and all the orifices. 60 K Btu. Id put a Little joe regulator on the big tank at high pressure and a regulator by the unit for 10" W/C to the unit.You dont say how far from the tank. So you want to check on the gas line size also.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: