Spa Jet replacement question

Old 02-21-05, 04:12 AM
generaljdog
Visiting Guest
Spa Jet replacement question

I have a tub that was custom manufactured by ASAP in Warren Ohio (American Spas and Pools). Recently I've had a difficult time getting in touch with them. Anyway, my question is, that I'd like to know what my options are on replacing some of the jets. I have just the standard kind that can be turned off and on by turning them clockwise or counter clockwise. I'd like to replace them with maybe some pulsating or rotating jets. Do I have to get special ones to match what I already have? Are there universal Jets out there? Is this something that is difficult to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-05, 03:08 PM
Hi generaljdog , not that hard, however before you go to that much trouble, i suggest you remove the internals from one jet and take it into your local spa store and see if they can supply you with just internals as some manufactures install jets that can be up-graded by simply installing the different internals, if that is not possible in your case there is also a spinner type directional fitting that may work with out the trouble and expense of retro fitting new jets into your spa, but if this indeed is the path you finally take it is not hard, clean all contact areas , wipe clean with acetone, apply G E Silicone, approved for water allow to cure 24 hrs. and re plumb & presto , enjoy !

steve