Bugged Pool

Old 03-05-05, 02:52 PM
Bugged Pool

Lately, my pool has been visited by bugs (small black insects - gnats?). I think they are coming from the lawn. Don't know what else to do but to net them out. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-05, 04:53 PM
that would work, also run the circulation pump longer with all the suction on skimmer, also if your missing a weir blade , buy one as you will definitely have better skimming action, if you have return eyeball directional fittings turn then so as to move more surface water around the perimeter of the pool.

lol steve

Old 03-06-05, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. What is a weir blade and where do you attach it to? Also what is the return eyeball directional fitting? I have a Polaris 360.

Old 03-08-05, 08:30 AM
hi again, a weir blade goes inside the skimmer, it is only as wide as your skimmer spring loaded attatchment to connect to the inside walls of your skimmer, measure your skimmer intake, lets say its 8 " from one side to the other go down to your local pool store and buy one apx $10.00 and they will show you how to install it, very easy.

now on the water returning to you pool you may or may not have fittings that have a hole in the center that can be rotated in various directions, you may have to loosen the outer ring some in order to turn , this of course is if you indeed do have that type on your pool,

lol steve