barefoot spa- making temp. rise

Old 03-08-05, 05:38 AM
indigokel
Visiting Guest
barefoot spa- making temp. rise

I have another question. I cleaned and re-filled the tub last night. At that point, the temp of the water was 55. This morning, the temp is 56. I would think it would heat up a bit more than 1 degree per 12 hours. I can only find one temp control- it asks for a temp and tells you what the current temp is. I have it set to 102. Am I supposed to turn a heater on somehow?

Thanks,
Indigo

Old 03-08-05, 08:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 160 Likes on 124 Posts
Try the other pump outputs, if it has them. The spa we used to have only heated when the pump was running in the low-flow position; when you kicked it up to the high flow the heater was off.

Old 03-08-05, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

You sure you have power to the heater element and that it is good also????

ED

Old 03-08-05, 09:09 AM
indigokel
Visiting Guest
heater

hi Opus and Ed-
The electrical was just re-done to the spa before we bought the house. I have the spa in filter mode where the jets go on and off every hour. Do I need to leave the jets on non-stop to heat it up? I really have no clue how these things work since I have never had one before. Is that a huge electrical drain to leave the jets on low all of the time?

Thanks,
Indy

Old 03-08-05, 09:39 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some questions,

1. what is the voltage connected to the spa and how many amps

2. what size heater 1.5 kw [ 1500 watts ] 5.5 / 6 kw [ 6000 watts ]

3. is there an insulating cover on the spa

4. what is the air temperature

the low speed of the pump will have to run in order for the heater to work,
this pump may run untill the temp is reached [ via thermostat] or may only run via time clock , and / or manually.

post back please, steve

Old 03-08-05, 09:46 AM
indigokel
Visiting Guest
Since the electrical was just checked by an electrician before we bought the house, I can only assume it is hooked up correctly. The spa is 240 v, 30/50 amp. The heater is 4.1 kw. There is an insulating cover, which appears to be in really good shape. It was in the 40's last night. The water started at 55 degrees last night and was up to 56 as of this morning. When I checked it this morning, it was in filter cycle. The pumps were running in 10 minute intervals (per hour, I think).

This appears to be the one (and only) thing in the house that was taken care of properly, so I can only assume it is in perfect working order. Before I cleaned the tub, the temp was set at 55. I turned it up to 102, which I am guessing is a good temp.

Thanks,
k

here is the link to the spa we have
http://www.barefootspas.com/spas_88mr.php3

Last edited by indigokel; 03-08-05 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 03-08-05, 08:00 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again, I just came back from the web site you supplied, the spa has a 4000 watt heater and should give you a 3 to 6 temp rise per hr.

go to that web site and when the barefoot spas comes up you will see a banner across the top of the home page apx. 1 " down from the top that has several areas you may access, from left to right,

home / company / spa showroom / customer care /

click on customer care and you will see a operational manual you can either copy or save to your favorites on your computer for future reference,

lol steve

Old 03-09-05, 06:24 AM
indigokel
Visiting Guest
I have the manual, but my spa controls are some mitsubishi model that are NOTHING like what is in the manual. And the directions in the manual do not match anything on the controls. It's goofy. I found a spa company in MD that sells them. Hopefully they can give me some info.

Thanks!
K

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: