Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Neighbours above ground pool re-location notice

Old 03-10-05, 06:04 AM
bkhote
Visiting Guest

I have received a notice from town for the hearing of relocation of my neighbours above ground pool ( about 40 feet diameter, 4 ft deep). Currently its about 100 ft from my house and he wants to move it closer to 40 ft. I never owned a pool and just moved in this house.
I don't know what I don;t know. Could you please educate me about possible problem I might have. Also , if it leaks/ breaks, is he supposed to pay for my damages?
Thanks
BL

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-05, 04:12 PM
Im not a lawyer, how ever i am a licensed contractor, and pretty much all localaties have some type of codes, covering the location of the pool, check with your local building department, there are several scenarios that could happen, most never do, however if something happened, and caused damage to your propperty , i cannot think of anywhere that they would't be responsible.

is some of your property lower than his, ? do your homework, and if your still concerned go to the meeting, thats where to air you concerns / objections .

steve

Old 03-11-05, 11:13 AM
Wink

Id call code there and talk to them about this . Id also say you will have a lot more noise by your home if they move it near you. That might be why they want to move it away from their home??????

ED