Inground pool problem

Old 03-10-05, 11:42 AM
Pamela9999
Visiting Guest
Inground pool problem

I have an in-ground pool and the motor will not come on it just buzzes and after a few seconds with go off. It was working fine and I cleaned the filters and put everything back as always then I went to turn it on and this keeps happening. Can anyone help before I call a service person to come out and look at it.

Thanks

Old 03-10-05, 04:53 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi pam, first off make sure the pump is turned off, either at the breaker or time clock turned off with no chance it will automatically come on while your checking things out,

see if you can turn the impeller, there may be a place between the motor and the pump basket where you can see the motor extension shaft if you have this type pump try rurning the shast you will probably need a small pair oc vise grips, your only trying to see if the shaft/impeller will turn,,, you can also remove the small round coner [ apx. 11/2" ] in the center of the motor its on the end, away from the pump basket, just pry it off with a screwdriver,
hopefully it will have either a groove in the middle that you can place a screwdriver into to turn , or perhaps it has 2 flat sides if so an open end wrench will fit here I believe its 1/2 " where you can turn it if the shaft will not turn , theres more than likely the chance that debris has clogged the impeller, not allowing it to turn , thus motor hummms gets hot and shuts off,

post back with details and also tell us what kind of pump it is, hayward, sta-rite, purex and so forth.

steve

Old 03-11-05, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

like said: If you cant find anything in the impeller and you can turn the shaft. Then check out the capacitor on the motor and try a new one. If you dont want to go this far Call a tech out to look at it or take it into a motor or pump shop they can go over it for you.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: