replace inground pool ladder anchors

Old 03-20-05, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
replace inground pool ladder anchors

My inground pool ladder anchors are damaged and I need to replace them, they make impossible to install or uninstall ladder, can anyone offer any info on how to remove them and replace them short of tearing up the concrete?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-05, 01:16 PM
Wink

Would you be better off to build a swimout there. Thats all we use around here anymore .No ladders.

ED

Old 03-21-05, 01:25 PM
If you need to replace the anchors you can go rent a 4 core drill center it over the existing anchors and drill them out. Go down and buy new anchors from a pool supply house (If you cant find the same anchors you may have to buy a new ladder too?) Use a roto hammer and drill into the deck at 3 points inside the new 4 hole, drill the holes down from the surface at least 2 deep and into the concrete 2, put in 3 pieces of rebar in the holes and tie them together, set the anchors at the right distance and add some concrete.

Old 03-22-05, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the idea of a core drill, I never knew there was such a thing and I have done just about every task there is to do on my home! Core drill looks like a good idea, never used one before though, I imagine they can explain it to me at the tool rental place. This idea sure beats tearing up the entire section of concrete, thanks.

Old 03-22-05, 03:28 PM
Hi jim, before you start tearing everything up, why do you think you need new anchors, maby its the wedge assy. only you need and maby the rail itself is bent / out of round ? check / consider before you go to other extreme.

steve

Old 03-22-05, 09:18 PM
cindyk
Visiting Guest
Swimout?

How do you make a swimout? We have a ladder with a missing step and the rails are loose too.

Old 03-23-05, 07:43 PM
Hi Cindyk , a swimout is an area where you swim up to , and either sit to rest and / or get out of the pool its apx 18 " below the water line, some times called a love seat, Jimrahm has a gunite type pool, and altho this is a major undertaking it easier than trying to put one in your fiberglass pool .

lol steve

Old 03-29-05, 06:57 AM
I haven't given up on the idea of using the core drill, however I went to the tool rental place around here and looked at one and explained to the guy what I wanted to use it for and he told me it wouldn't work. He said that if I have rebar in the concrete, which I do, that it would not drill through that. Someone suggested to me that I use deck mounting flanges, the type that you use to anchor a ladder if you have a wood deck around your pool. Does anyone know if this may work? I am thinking that if I drilled holes in the concrete and secured the flanges with screws and lead anchors that I could possibly just put the flanges over the existing holes, any thoughts? I have looked at the deck mounting flanges and they are secured with several screws, the ladder then slides over the top of it and has one screw through it, holding the ladder rails on each side. Just not sure what to try.

Old 03-29-05, 08:33 PM
i would still use the core drill, rebar in decks are 12 " on center, [ if they even used rebar] some use heavy gauge wire mesh apx. 6 " squares ? ? its anybodys guess, i would rent the core drill and drill away, it will cut the wire mesh and my core drill will drill through rebar,

lol steve