Spa Frog Bromine/chlorine Question

Old 03-22-05, 06:13 PM
perfzone
Visiting Guest
Spa Frog Bromine/chlorine Question

Gott the small spafrog that you are supposed to drop in the filter cartridge. It is on a stick. The spa guy said just drop it in bottom by inlet and dump 1/2 cup bleach a week and thats good for 4 months. It has been in for 2 weeks and it has a strange salty type smell. It is not bad and doesnt itch or burn eyes. When I test it with the strips it showed very low bromine and chlorine with elevated ph and akalinity.

I have hard water and was told to fill tub with 1/2 presoftened from the hose water and 1/2 from the house after it has been softened. I used a lot of ph down and it dropped a bit but still high. I added extra chlorox bleach and it shows little to no free chlorine on the strip but it elevated the bromine level ??? I dont have bromine in it so unless the spafrog does whats the deal??

I also shocked it with no chlorine/bromine shock to try to elevate it. Any ideas??? what am I missing?

Old 03-22-05, 07:33 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
# 1 never add chems with out checking water, how would you or I know how much of a certain chemical to add without first checking ?

#2 know how many gallons are in spa

#3 adding liquid chlorine to pool / spa adds to the tds in the water also , or in plain english HARD WATER increase.

consider ozone , or ultra violet light, or chlorine generating system.

shock with potassium mono persulphate a non chlorine compound .

lol steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: