vinyl coping replacement

Old 03-31-05, 12:42 PM
bilanin
Visiting Guest
vinyl coping replacement

I have a vinyl liner pool with vinyl bullnose coping that is held in place with the poured concrete deck which surrounds the pool. The vinyl coping is gone and I'm told is no longer available. The liner now needs to be replaced also and the plastic grooved strip which retains the liner and sits on the metal sheet behind the liner is also in sorry condition. It looks like you need a jack hammer to get at the coping and pull the liner retaining groove off to be replaced. You then need to bring in a cement truck to redo the deck and add concrete preformed coping. Am I correct on how this comes apart? Will I be getting in over my head?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-05, 06:23 PM
shawnestes
Visiting Guest
There is only one way to fix this problem. The coping is most likely tech screwed to the wall. Your only option is the one you have mentioned. It would be best to use a concrete saw to cut a small strip around the border of the coping first. Then use a small jack hammer to chisel away the concrete from the coping. I have used an electric hammer for this particular job in the past. Once you have carefully removed the concrete install new "aluminum" coping to the top of the wall with tech screws.