pool water replacement

Old 04-08-05, 04:33 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pool water replacement

thinker: I have a 25000 Gallon pool. The water have not been replaced for 20 years. Last year, I found it is really hard to ballance the chemicals in the pool season. So I think it's the time to replace the water. My questions:

1) How much water I should replace, half? 100%? etc.

2) I have been told, swimming pool water need to be drained into house's main drainage system so that I need a pump to do so. I went to HD and Lewe's, there are only submersible pumps for sale, which is obviously not for this type of application. I think I need types of pumps which have two pipes connected. One is sunk into the pool to suck the water and the other pipe will be connect to the drain plug which located on the exterior wall of my house. So where could I find this kind of pump?

John

Old 04-08-05, 04:56 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi john, before you go to all the trouble, take a water sample to your local pool store that does water analysis, you may not have to drain at all, believe it or not, and also check your pool dimensions 25,000 gal in a residential is on the high side, no guessing as all chemical additions are based on total gallons, multiply length x width x average depth x 7.5 [ for square and rectangle pools] for free form pools, perimeter x perimeter x average depth x 1.65 [ example a 3 foot by 8 ft deep pool would average out to 5.5 ft.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: