Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Its heavy. How do we lift it? (Moving hot tub)

Its heavy. How do we lift it? (Moving hot tub)

Old 04-15-05, 09:05 AM
Jamulian
Visiting Guest
Angry Its heavy. How do we lift it? (Moving hot tub)

An acquaintance has offered us a wonderful 8 foot square hot tub. We would love to have it. Problem is, it is 1,000 pounds - too heavy for us to lift in and out of a truck. How is this done? Can it be disassembled into lighter pieces? If so, what would those pieces be?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-05, 03:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1000 LB. sounds awful heavy , maby you still have water in the air channels, first off after draining the spa [ get some more bodies] and raise the spa up on its side this will allow all the water to drain from the air channel. or consider cutting the hose that goes to the air channel from the blower, [ the lower , the better ]

having done this the spa can be rolled out using a dolly, on its side, still will take 4 - 8 people, or you will have to rent a crane, [ not cheap in most areas]

but what the heck the price was right , ? no ?

steve

Old 04-26-05, 07:54 AM
R
Tub Moving

If you have the space roll it by placing PVC pipe or something similar one after another.

Old 04-28-05, 07:12 AM
generaljdog
Visiting Guest
Most Hot Tub sales places have trailers that you attach to you car, but these things also act as Dolley's. The one i've seen has a winch and straps. You'd need a couple guys to get it started onto the trailer/dolley, but once you do, the dolly will do the rest. Then you should be able to manuever it to the vehicle and take it away.

I actually used a snowmobile trailer and had 6 guys take mine off of it and onto the concrete pad, well, 2x6's sitting on the pad. I was able to manuever the trailer by myself.

Old 05-20-05, 02:59 AM
J
The cart mentioned above can be seen here: http://spadolly.com/

Info on how to move it can be found here: http://spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/setup.htm

Forum Monitors Note:
Signature Removed: Advertisements Not Allowed In Signatures Or In The Forums. Read The Rules.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 05-20-05 at 05:39 AM.