Hot tub pad - do they work

Old 04-20-05, 03:19 AM
Hot tub pad - do they work

I just purchased a hot tub which will be delivered in about a month. I was going to build a small green treat deck to be placed on a level area of gravel. One other option would be for me to buy a hot tub pad. I would like to find out what folks think about them and if they like them, the best place to purchase them!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-05, 06:29 AM
Made a cement pad for mine

I was looking at the same thing when I got my tub. ended up making a cement pad 8*8 ft., 4" thick using 5000psi cement with rebar in it ( the tub weighs over 1000lb full, the last thing yo want is to have the supports break). That was what I was told by the local spa place. Not sure what a pad looks like, but I was told that you want one piece under the tub so it cant shift. I heard some use patio stones ( the big ones) for a base. The problem I was told was that over time you will have to move the tub and re-level the dirt under it.

When I positioned my tub I place the access panel to the side, away from the deck so I can get to it ( For the electrical hookup and drain). If you are planing to build a deck around the tub, make sure you leave an access to get to the sides if needed.

Wait till you see your electric bill!

Old 05-09-05, 06:00 PM
When I installed my hot tub 5 years ago, I just built a 9 x 9 frame out of presure treated 2 x 4's and filled the area with with 3 1/2" of gravel and leveled it with a power conpactor. Solid as a rock, and just as strong as concrete.

Old 05-20-05, 01:48 AM
Thumbs down No Advertising Allowed

Confer Plastics makes a really nice spa pad system. It's on the bottom of this page: www.conferplastics.com/spa.htm

-Josh
Free quotes on pool, spa, and hot tub equipment and supplies. Just e-mail me at: [email protected].

Forum Monitors Note:
Signature Edited: Advertisements Not Allowed In Signatures Or In The Forums. Read The Rules.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 05-20-05 at 04:37 AM. Reason: No Advertising Allowed