Gotta get a heat pump..:( No solar here

Old 05-12-05, 12:43 PM
JustWaiting
Visiting Guest
Gotta get a heat pump..:( No solar here

Well I started to do my research and found solar panels online for a very reasonable price. The whole systems was going to cost me less than $1500 and I could do it my self. The problem I ran into is the size of the panels and the available roof. My house is a two story house and doesn't really have a nice large area to place 5/6 4-12 solar panels.......so I've decided to go with a heat pump. I got one quote for a 106,000 BTU Heat Pump (Rheem relabled for local pool store) for $3600 installed. I looked online and found a rheem 106,000 for $2500. How much are the average installation costs? Any help would be great or some recommendations in Tampa would be great too....

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-05, 04:22 PM
re-think solar, your going to hate paying your electric bill !

you could allways construct a patio cover and place several collectors on top ,

solar = free heat forever, plus if your water ever gets too hot [ in your local] turn your solar on after the sun goes down and it will cool your pool .

steve

Old 05-12-05, 09:25 PM
most solar manufactures make 4x8 4x10 & 4x12 panels if you use a compass you can put them on any roof from 130 mag to 280 mag, Note: you can even go due North or East but you need to up your coverage to 100% of the surface area of the pool, and your roof should not exceed a 5&12 pitch (23 Degrees). even at 100% coverage you will save over a heat pump...

Old 05-14-05, 10:05 AM
Solar Panels

Go with sun power - it's free, especially in your area. Tried to put them on my roof but pitch is almost 1:1 so I opted to ground mount 13 4'x12' panels due ~ SE. Still need to get 20' x 40' solar cover, though.

Old 05-14-05, 10:40 AM
Wink

Im with all the rest here go solar for sure Im in west palm and have had solar here for over 15 years. With the heat pump you might have to get a larger electric panel in the home to let it run with the AC on and the rest of the home. Check out the kwh on the unit is and the power company can tell you how much it will cost you to run. I dont think you have FPL there But as bad as the electric is down here be sure and put a time delay on the heatpump if you go that way.

ED