How long should spa cover inserts last?

Old 05-14-05, 07:01 PM
Soaker Tina
Visiting Guest
How long should spa cover inserts last?

I purchased my Royal brand spa four years ago. While I have been very happy with the quality of my spa, the cover that was bundled with it (Castle Spa Covers) has been a real pain. Even after I diligently followed all the care directions, when the cover was two years old, the plastic covering the styrofoam degraded and the foam got waterlogged. Castle Spa Covers replaced the inserts at no charge, which was great, and it showed me that they took responsibility for perhaps a defect.<br>
Now, two years later, the same thing has happened and Castle has inferred that it's my fault. The rep pointed me to their web site which has new care directions from what I got when purchasing the cover. By the way, I do leave my cover off for at least 1/2 hour after adding any chemicals.<br>
I won't buy more Castle Spa inserts and have to go through this again in two years. How long should they last? What kind of care is required?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-05, 06:20 PM
Group Moderator
I've had two spa covers. One came with my Hot Springs spa and the other was bought online from somebody... They both seem to be lasting about the same. Five years + is about my limit. My spa is always inside so the sun is not an issue, but the chemicals & ozone take their toll.

Old 05-20-05, 01:44 AM
Thumbs down Advertisements Not Allowed

If chemcials aren't kept up correctly in the spa (such as pH, etc) they can corrode the cover bascially. Also if pets or people get on top of the cover it can also cause to inserts to become damaged.

Free quotes on pool, spa, and hot tub equipment and supplies. Just e-mail me at: [email protected].

Forum Monitors Note:
Signature Edited: Advertisements Not Allowed In Signatures Or In The Forums. Read The Rules. Member Banned.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 05-20-05 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Advertisements Not Allowed
Old 05-31-05, 11:02 AM
generaljdog
Visiting Guest
try a spa cap.

Water log is not an issue with one of these. Spacap.com. I have one and love it.