Above Ground pool over grass...

Old 05-17-05, 08:29 PM
GFH
Visiting Guest
Above Ground pool over grass...

We just picked up an above ground pool and trying to get ready to set it up.

Can someone please tell me why we can't erect the pool over grass...

Our yard is flat and level, to me by removing the sod it is no longer an above groundpool and the base of the pool is now 3 or 4 inches below "ground level" by the time I remove the sod.

Why can't we merely place it on an extra strength ground sheet?

My thought are extra tough ground sheet under lower rim with concrete pation blocks under each vertical, these would be sunk to keep them even with surrounding ground. And then 1 to 2 inches of styrofoam under the liner...

For the life of me I can't figure out why we have to get rid of the grass. I thought that compacting the sod might be an issue but the ground is so hard that won't happen, when the grass rots it will turn to dirt..

Seams like an awful lot of work for nothing.

Some body enligthen me..

Thanks

Gord

Old 05-18-05, 10:31 AM
demoman
Visiting Guest
I saw a product while searching for a pool liner. It was made for the bottom of your pool, a type foam as you mentioned. The only thing is said is it will not stop nut grass.
The site was pcpools click on liners and you'll see the easy bottom padding.
Maybe you could call them for more info.
My yard is sloped 8" from one end of the pool to the other so I had no choice but to rip it up.
Good luck, and wish me luck putting in the new liner, I didn't do so good the first time , of course I did it by myself the first time, recruiting help this time.

Old 05-20-05, 01:39 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What type of pool is it? Metal Walls?

-Josh

Free quotes on pool, spa, and hot tub equipment and supplies. Just e-mail me at: xxxxxxx@xmail.com.

Forum Monitors Note:
Signature Edited: Advertisements Not Allowed In Signatures Or In The Forums. Read The Rules.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 05-20-05 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-21-05, 08:00 PM
GFH
Visiting Guest
Pool and grass

Sorry,

It is a 15 feet by 36 deep, metal walled (atlantic Pool Products)

It's kind of a moot point now as it is now filling up with water.

I ended removing the sod, putting 12 by 24" patio blocks at each vertical, put the pool up put in 1.5 to 2 inches of sand and began filling.

We'll see if it is still standing in the morning

Still curious though...

Gord

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: