new pool equipment recommendation

Old 05-23-05, 06:39 AM
new pool equipment recommendation

I'm having a new pool built and need advice on proposed equipment:Pentair Clean & Clear 150Sq FT cartridge, Pentair 2hp whisperflow pump WF-28, INT transformer 300W PX 300, INT time clock W/plastic case T104P,Aqua Cal heatwave W/ titanium & Digital H120-W,Autopilot soft touch power supply only ST 220,Manifold W/SC-48 Cell & Base 94107. Any comments will be very welcome

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-05, 02:52 PM
Hi Trane, you didn't state the gallonage of your pool, howeever ,

1. filter, the purex clean & clear is an execellent filter, however up size to 420 sq. ft.

2. purex whisperflow pump excellent choice, however, wf-28 is not energy efficient, also with a 2.0 hp whisperflow pump you need 21/2 " suction line, switch to a wfe - 6 [ 11/2 hp ] 0r wfe - 8 [ 2.0 hp ]
you will still need 21/2 " soction line with the wfe-8

3. auto-pilot soft touch digital is an excellent choice, however go with the 60 cell instead of the 48

4. aqua cal heat wave, must refer to a heater / possibly a heat pump ? as the name is not familar,
however the best heater out there in my opinion is the sta-rite maxi-therm
low / nox [ meaning low emissions / hi effeciency 84 % ] youll will need an 1 1/4 " gas line from your meter to the heater up to 100 ft. 101 ft. to 200 ft. 1 1/2 "

5. sounds like your getting a 300w low voltage light, no problem there, another consideration would be fiber optics. a little pricey to buy but you never have to buy a new fixture down the road, and they are capable of color changing light.

6. if you are having a spa attatched to the pool consider a compool automation with a 4 - function spa side switch the cp-3800 is bullet proof and will control 8 circuits.

7. also have the builder add a 1 1/2 " dedicated vac. line and buy a hayward navigator pool cleaner , UNLESS , you have a super bad leaf problem, then go with a letro ledgend cleaner. has 4 wheels very stable and a extra wide mouth to suck up the most troublesome leafs.

lol steve

lol steve

Old 05-25-05, 12:39 AM
Thanks

Thanks Steve the pool is approx 14,000 gals and the Aqua Cal Heatwave is a heat pump. I looked up the whisperflo pumps your correct that wf-48 is not as not energy efficient as the wfe-8 I'll check with the builder as to getting the wfe. Do you think that there will be a big energy savings w/the wfe-8 ? (From what I'm told the pump has been ordered ) And your correct there will be a SAM light that rotates color. There will be a in floor cleaning system. There should be no leaf problem it's a screened in N.Florida location. Just pool no SPA!
Edit: Builder suggested WFE-28 which is the most efficient in this class

Last edited by trane; 05-25-05 at 06:45 AM. Reason: update info
Old 05-25-05, 10:04 PM
hi again, yes a big savings in electricity,... the wf-28 [ your original post said wf-28 ] can use up to 22.4 amps on full load whers as the wfe - 8 will not use more than 11.0 amps.
pay the difference and go with the wfe-8 but remember you will have to use 2 1/2 " suction.
2. if you have natural gas or propane I personally would go with the sta-rite heater, better still in addition to the heater add solar to your pool.

3. sam light , hate em, why ? gears that rotate = more to go wrong
consider, hayward or jacuzzi lights as they both use led lights last mucho long time and no friggin gearas to berak, stick, wear out.

4. not a big proponent of in floor cleaning systems, for various reasons , also consider if you werent installing a floor cleaning system you could use a 3/4 hp wfe pump , add a hayward automatic cleaner and save money on the initial cost plus save $ on the running of the 3/4 v/s 2.0 hp pump.

5. up-grade to the 420 sq. ft. filter ! !

remember when the pool builder is gone , true all the equipment, will sparkle as new, however you like so many others may find inferior, undersized, equipment , or just shoddy workmanship,

lol steve