Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

what products can you use with non-chlorine system?

Old 05-24-05, 07:06 PM
lotzakids
Visiting Guest

I have been using a non-chlorine system since last year. I have been going to a pool store and doing everything they told me. But I am getting a bit braver and want to try saving money. I am still pretty new, don't know what is in all the products. I do know the one product is 30% Hydrogen peroxide and have found a cheap source of that. My question is : Is it safe to buy PH increaser and PH decreaser that you use with chlorine systems? And is there a cheap source of biguanide (not sure of spelling) and the other products?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-05, 07:48 PM
really not quite sure what your using for sanitizing there, however i still recommend a chlorine generating system, the initial purchase price may be a little stiff, however buy a quality unit, [ not all systems are the same]
i prefer auto-pilot digital / 5 yr. warranty been in bus. longer than any others, you add salt [ purchase at home depot , or lowes ] $ 3.00 per 50 lb. bag most pools require 300 to 350 lbs. salt level 2500 ppm and you will probably add another 3 bags per year, no more purchasing chlorine, algaecides , just maintain your ph 7.4 to 7.6 will pay for itself in 2 - 3 yrs.
and the water feels great, ask around . your not the first person to go this way.

lol steve