Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Pool heater problem.. perhaps it needs cleaning??

Old 05-27-05, 07:59 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Weds. I tried starting my pool heater for the first time this season, I've had the pump and filter running for a couple weeks now and everything else is in good shape. I have a Pentair Minimax 200 heater, it has 4 burners, but one of the burners isn't burning right... When it starts up, while 3 of the burners get the flames that come out of the burner tubes, one of them doesn't and instead there is a flame that comes out of the pipe that the natural gas comes out of.

Is there maybe some sort of debris or maybe spider webs or something in the burner? Can I clean this out myself? I made a call to Pentair and they said they'd have someone call to make an appointment, but I want to get the heater started before this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-05, 08:57 AM
S
take a piece of tie wire [ you know bailing wire ? ] apx. 1 ft. long bend a loop in one end , you will have to lay down or stand on your head, [ some what ] insert the wire into the burner and you will be able to back to end into the orifice , thus cleaning it out may take you a few tries to get the bend just right and figure out where the orifice hole is but after a few tries you should be good to go.

lol steve

Old 05-29-05, 07:39 PM
P
The reason you need to clean out the burner orifices is that spiders love to make nest in there. Make sure you get it all out it may take a few tries...