Caldera spa heat problem

Old 05-30-05, 06:19 PM
ljlynn
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Caldera spa heat problem

I have a Caldera Tahitian spa, model TAA1D1112, that came with the house I purchased a year ago. It is about three years old. Went to use it yesterday and the temp was at 94. It is set to 100. There is no error code indicated in the LED display. Took off the circuit board cover and the little lights on the circuit board were as follows: LIM light was green, but the heater light was red. Tested the board terminal connections to the yellow and black wires that go into the heater. There was power ~115. Now I am unsure what to test next. The black and yellow wires that go into the heater box are attached to several other wires inside and I can't tell what is what. Any advice on what to test next? Does the red indicator light on the main circuit board mean that the heater is bad? Could it be a thermostat problem? Does anyone know what the LIM light indicates? Thanks in advance for your help.
LJLynn

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-05, 09:18 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
not that familiar with that model, brand of spa, however is the spa 120v or 220v ?? I would think 220v if that is the case , checking the wires at the heater one probe on each wire or terminal you should read 220v on your meter, if you check one wire to ground you will only read 120v and or trip the gfci ,

the LIM light would more than likely refer to the hi-limit switch,

post back and up - date us

steve