Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

New owner of an old pool (Combined Posts)

New owner of an old pool (Combined Posts)

Old 05-31-05, 08:13 PM
Jack63
Visiting Guest
New owner of an old pool

Hi, this is my first post and Im sure it wont be the last. I was wondering if anyone out there has an idea of what to do with an old cracked unlevel,, really unlevel concrete pool deck. I was hoping this could be a do it yourself project. Also was really hoping to not have to tear out the old, maybe just some self leveling mixture and some sort of thin top product. Well, thanks in advance to those who could be of help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-05, 08:35 PM
suggest, you contact concrete contractors in your area and see what they say.

steve

Old 06-01-05, 05:05 PM
Jack63
Visiting Guest
I can tear up and put in new, just thought there may be a cheaper easier way, thanks for your imput though.

Old 06-02-05, 10:01 PM
If you jack hammer it out and re-pour, make sure you have proper drainage and put a little more-rebar into the deck. Also make sure you leave in the expansion joint around the pool between the coping and the deck and fill it with deck-o-sealů

Old 06-03-05, 05:52 PM
Jack63
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks for the info millenium man, I think i will end up tearing out witha sledge and pick.Is exposed aggragate the most widlely used finish or what would be feet friendly. Thanks again

Old 06-04-05, 05:44 AM
Jack63
Visiting Guest
Finally got balance, just milky

Are different brands of chemicals better than others and why, what should I do to get clarity, everything else is right on, thanks for your help.

Forum Monitors Note:
This thread has been combined into one post from two or more seperate posts on the same subject. Combining posts on the same subject makes it easier to read and follow along, for all concerned parties.

Kindly use the REPLY button to post replies, add additional information or ask questions on the same or like subject. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically.

Web Site Host & Forums Monitor

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 06-04-05 at 06:27 AM.