mini chlorine tabs-where to place them

Old 06-02-05, 04:57 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mini chlorine tabs-where to place them

Hi I am using mini chlorine tabs and would like to know if I should place them in the basket in the skimmer, or in the floater that tabs or pucks can go in?

Which way is better and more reliable to get the job done?

THks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-05, 07:52 PM
S
do not place them in the skimmer, they are very acedic apx. 2.3 ph

I prefer a feeder , either an inline or stand alone for better metering ,

steve

Old 06-04-05, 08:15 AM
P
I've been placing them in skimmer, it says to do this on the container label, if someone has no feeder.

Is there another way to it.How about the blue floater , which holds pucks and tabs?

Thks

Old 06-04-05, 08:33 AM
S
starting over, if those tabs are trichloro tabs, small, large, sticks, they have a very low ph, and in a short time you will destroy your heater and your pump seal.

a floater is acceptable, however with a floater you ultimately end up with either too much chlorine or too little chlorine , not a very efficient way to induce chemicals to your pool, and considering the coast of pool / spa chemicals in todays market , a waste of money.

steve

Old 06-04-05, 08:54 AM
P
they are trichloro trazpio 100% tabs, small round tabs not sticks.So I can really only use chlorine in crystal form unstabilized.

Thks pls reply, I"ll bring these things back to the store.

Old 06-06-05, 09:00 AM
S
you can use that chlorine , however if you choose to use a floater , be sure to tie it off to one side so it doesn't stay over the steps and " BURN " the plaster or wind up in front of the skimmer with the same results as putting chems in the skimmer, and remove it entirely when children are swimming as the floater has very concentrated , acidic water, chlorine in it.

lol steve

Old 06-06-05, 05:53 PM
P
Thks Steve , but will i get more out of granules than mini tabs, meaning will there be more of a help to the water with the granules than the tabs?
I find the tabs are taking long to dissolve and really are slow at working , but do keep chlorine in pool.
The granules go to work right away all most , but leave a mess if not mixed with water first.Also the effect or chlorine seems to die faster with granules though than with tabs.

Thks for info, but i still haven't decided which to go with?

Old 06-06-05, 06:13 PM
S
a lot of people use both, tabs to maintain the correct level and when something unexpected happens, wind, dirt, rain etc. and the cl. reading is low use the granular or liquid to bring the levels back quickly.

re - consider chlorine generators , super way to go !

steve

Old 06-06-05, 06:36 PM
P
O.k Thks Steve , I was considering a chlorine feeder like you mentioned to put the tabs in, if u have the time could u explain setup , is it hard to setup and how exactly does this process work.

Thks again.