Filter Leaking

Old 06-04-05, 09:51 PM
kjb197
Visiting Guest
Filter Leaking

After trying a new gasket and handle spring I replaced my multi port valve on the sand filter. It is working great but can't get a seal between the it and the filter casing. The port valve is a cooper. I used lube on the o ring and that is the only thing keeping it a small leak. The problem is with the bracket holding the multi port valve to the filter. Its as tight as can be, even tried cutting back the bracket a little. But the multi port valve still leaks and turns easily. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-05, 12:28 PM
Group Moderator
Things to check for:

1. Hairline crack of any kind.
2. Proper size o-ring.

Old 06-06-05, 05:30 PM
if im understanding you correctly, the leak is comming from where the backwash valve connects to the filter , ? and it connects with gland nuts ?
and the sealing is provided by the o - rings ? if this is indeed the case and as the tow guy stated, the 0-ringa may be the wrong size or possibly a crack, good advise, however you can remove the backwash valve clean all the lube from the o-rings with acetone clean the mating socket, and use g e silicone seal put it back togeather let it cure 24 hours and this should stop the leak. yes it can be taken apart in the future does require extra effort.

steve