Built up grime on liner

Old 07-13-00, 05:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I just moved into a house with an inground pool with a vinyl liner. The liner is very dirty above the water line. I have tried cleaning it with mild soap and water but it doesn't help. It seems like the grime is really in deep and the liner feels sort of rough and sticky to the touch. I am afraid of trying anything abrasive because I do not want to remove the print on the liner (some print is already off). Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-00, 12:30 PM
Visiting Guest
I have been above ground pool owner for 10 years. The pool store is the only place I know of that sells a quart of special cleaner that you need. I have tried everything but only this product designed for this 'ring around the pool' is was has worked for me. I hope this helps.

Old 03-06-05, 11:23 AM
thrifty 50
Visiting Guest
dirty liner

I use clean and brite. I also use it on my fiberglass tub . I get it at 912-554-3700---Solutions USA

Old 03-06-05, 02:40 PM
whatever you try acertain that it indeed is safe for vynal liners, BonAmi is a cleanser that is not abrasive you might try in an area that is remote to see if it works , be sure to flush with plenty of water.

lol steve