Pool Coping Question

Old 06-07-05, 11:30 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Pool Coping Question

I have an inground 18 x 36 pool that is almost done. I am currently fighting with
the pool builder over my coping. The coping is in and looks fine, but there is what looks like a 1/4 to 1/2 inch layer of styrofoam-looking material between the coping bricks and the concrete deck. I was told by the builder that mastic is put in where the foam material is, and since it's not in my contract, they will charge me to do it. My question is, can I do this myself, and what kind of mastic do you use? I would expect something like this to be similiar to a grout job, but don't know for sure. I would also think a process like this should be
included in the pool construction, it's like buying a car with no weatherstripping,
but the pool builder I hired has destroyed my confidence in them with delays,
no return phone calls and general lack of courtesy and broken promises.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Ed

Old 06-07-05, 04:54 PM
S
not sure about putting it in the contract is necessary , basically the coping / deck is not finished without the decco seal expansion joint filler !

its kind of like installing your equipment and not connecting the gas line, pump will still pump, filter will still filter .

this is what gives the pool / spa industry a bad eye.

for the sake of $ 100.00 , give me a break ! !

you could call the state contractors office, however you probably just want them off your property by now .

lol steve

Old 06-07-05, 05:22 PM
E
It's been an absolute nightmare getting this pool done. It's been 9 months and I still can't say it's finished. My wife asked our salesman about the mastic, he said "well, we'll charge 400 dollars to do it, but you don't really need it done, the foam in the joint is sufficient" I think this is bull, the 'foam' is just a temporary spacer to me, but if someone on this forum knows better, please let me know

Ed'

Last edited by ed the editor; 06-08-05 at 06:15 AM. Reason: misspells fixed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: