Removing an above ground pool

Old 06-08-05, 09:54 AM
mommyto4
Visiting Guest
Removing an above ground pool

We just bought a used above ground pool. It is an Esther Williams 15x33 with deck attached. I would like to know if anyone knows how to remove it?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-05, 09:23 AM
Dismantaling your new (used) pool should be fairly straight forward. Start removing bolts! Either drain the pool before hand (but not too far in advance, see note about liner below) or have it draining while you're dismantling. Begin with the rails, then the decking, then the decking surround. Take the top rails off and remove the liner. Remove the side supports, remove the pool side from the groove it sits in, and then roll the pool side while it's standing vertically ... lying it down to roll can be difficult.

Removing a pool is a job best done with multiple hands, so get some helpers.

You will likely have to replace many of the screws / bolts as they tend to rust and some may not make it out in one piece Also, bear in mind the longer the liner is left empty, the greater the chance of it shrinking and then tearing when you add water later.

With enough helpers you can dismantle and erect the pool in a single day, but the pool surround (if there is one) and the rail will likely take additional time. I highly suggest having the location where you are moving the pool to prepped and ready for the installation before you begin dismantling the pool. It's also best to have your permit already taken care of and your property inspected before putting up the pool, otherwise you will only be able to fill the pool with 1 foot of water (at least that's the way it works in Canada, not sure of the rules in the US).

Old 06-10-05, 01:20 PM
mommyto4
Visiting Guest
Thank You very much bradleyfitz for your information!!!My husband says he can do it ,but you know us women We have to know how it's done!!
lol
Mommyto4