We Want Hot Tub

Old 06-19-05, 03:22 PM
Bodie
Visiting Guest
Post We Want Hot Tub

We are considering a hot tub 6 person for our patio area. But have little knowledge of brand etc and cost of ownership etc so feel free to help us with advice and your own expereinces.

Old 06-21-05, 07:54 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,461 Posts
First get what you like. It's your spa, not mine.
Now, Here is my two cents worth:

I am not a big fan of the less expensive spas you see at large retailers. I'm sure there are good ones, but for the most part they seem to be made for lower cost. I have used my spa for many, many years so higher quality was more important

Things I like in a spa:

Rigid Foam Insulation: the entire body should be filled with rigid foam for insulation and structural support (this can be a pain if there is ever a leak)

Continuous Filtration: I have a long history with aquariums and beleive that filtration is something that needs to be done all the time, not just for an hour or two each day

Open/General Seating: Since so much of your body weight is supported by the water you do not need a contoured seat and you will likely float out of it anyhow. A deeply contoured spa with lots of specific seats seems to limit where and how I can sit in a spa. I like a more gentle interior with open bench seats and very basic loungers.

Seating at Multiple Heights: My wife likes to sit higher and I like to sit deeper, a variety will let everyone find what they like.

Plastic over Fiberglass: you will not find many glass spas anymore but I prefer a plastic spa with a matt finish (not shiney)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: