center drain

Old 06-26-05, 02:37 PM
alandail
Visiting Guest
center drain

Am I remembering right that I shouldn't put a center drain in an inground pool? It looks like the pool kit comes with one, but I seem to recall they add needless issues to the installation.

Last edited by alandail; 06-26-05 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-26-05, 04:40 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pretty much in all locations you must have a main suction in addition to a skimmer to comply with code, in calif you have to have 2 main suctions fittings T togeather 36 " apart .

check with your locak building dept.

steve

Old 06-27-05, 09:16 AM
alandail
Visiting Guest
I guess I'm remembering wrong, then - I thought i read someone say not to cut a hole in the middle of the bottom of the deep end - that you could always drain the water using a pump.

Old 06-27-05, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Like said check code. Here in FL now calls for 2 bottom drains on the same line 6' apart. With a open vent pipe that comes up off that drain pipe out of the ground by the pool.

ED

Old 06-28-05, 05:24 PM
alandail
Visiting Guest
assuming code says it's not needed in ohio (the county mailed it to me, it's not here yet), is there a reason to have one?

Old 06-28-05, 05:34 PM
Wink

They have lost two small kids here that got stuck on a drain in the pool. Code or not put it in this way for sure. What is the cost for 6 more ft of PVC and a drain. Over a small kid??????????

ED

Old 07-01-05, 08:19 PM
alandail
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
They have lost two small kids here that got stuck on a drain in the pool. Code or not put it in this way for sure. What is the cost for 6 more ft of PVC and a drain. Over a small kid??????????

ED
I didn't follow - are you saying to put two drains in to prevent this from happening? Is Drain even the right thing to call this - is this something used only to drain water from the pool, or is it part of the normal water circulation.

Old 07-02-05, 10:55 AM
Wink

It is code here .You have to have two bottom drains on the same pipe. So a kid cant get stuck to just one. Yes they are part of the pool. We set a pool up so you can take water out of the bottom of the pool. From the skimmer and also put in the side wall another intake for a kreepy krauly. One or all work with the pool pump and filter.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: