loose ladder

Old 07-05-05, 05:53 PM
loose ladder

I have inground pool and on the deep side is a 3 step ladder the lower section is not hooked up to anything.The problem is one of the top clamps is broken.Clamp goes all around the ladder tube and has a bolt in it.Clamp is broken into 3 pieces now.How can I fix it?I think all the concrete around the clamp is missing.How about if I just pour concrete into the hole?I am not sure what the bolt was for on the clamp.I think I will replace both sides after I get some advice.Ladder is made by Swan.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-05, 01:21 PM
go to pool supply place and get a new clamp, the bolt tightens the clamp to hold the ladder in place, the concrete hold the clamp in place.

Old 07-06-05, 03:22 PM
OK thanks

OK Frank I will check it out I am thinking I might have more work then just replacing the clamp.I think that clamp is broken off in more then 3 places and all I could see is the upper part and the lower tube is still in the ground.

Old 07-09-05, 08:04 AM
Hi Michael, can't say how your rail is installed , however , most all the rails ive delt with either have an anchor imbedded into the deck and retains the ladder using a wedge , which can be replaced, othere have a sub anchor imbedded into the concrete , this leaves apx. 6 " of stainless steel pipe sticking up that the rails slip over and then one stainless steel bolt holds the rail tight, I suspect this is the type you have and some one has used a clamp of some sort to try to repair a broken ladder rail, try to take it apart , you will probably have to take both sides apart to get a good idea of what the issue is and how to correct it.

lol steve

Old 07-09-05, 12:39 PM
thats it

Yes you are correct steve that is how it is set up.it appears that the whole anchor has come apart into several pieces I think I can fish out the remaining lower pieces.
My plan is to get a new anchor pour some new concrete into the hole and put rail anchor and the whole mess into the wet concrete and one it sets up tighten the bolt.(thats the plan)