pool vacuuming

Old 07-13-05, 12:51 PM
F
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pool vacuuming

so far i've vacuumed my 21' round above ground pool twice this year, and both time the pool has become green and cloudy when i finished. i have a cartridge filter. the filter readings are the same since the first day i started it. my chemical levels are normal. i move the vacuum real slow as i do it. i prime the vacuum hose with the water shooting out of the jet and then while keeping it under water, plug it into the bottom of the skimmer. i have plenty of suction.so.....

why does my pool keep getting green and cloudy?

is the water jet supposed to keep shooting water out of it as i am vacuuming?

Old 07-13-05, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

How old is that filter in it.Id say you have holes some where in the filter or its not in right. Get a new one . The pressure should build up on the pump there as you run the vacuum and then you have to clean the filter off I run my kreepy krauly everday. A water clarifier will help some.

ED

Old 07-13-05, 03:04 PM
F
the entire pool and everything with it is 2 months old. so are u saying that when u r done vacuuming your pool, u should rinse out the cartridge, regardless of weather or not the psi on the filter increases or decreases? do u think this is where i went wrong by not rinsing it?

Old 07-13-05, 03:06 PM
F
also, i have about 10,500 gallons. how much shock should i throw in? i put a clarifier in already.

Old 07-13-05, 06:45 PM
Wink

How did we get to shock here. get a 4in 1 small test kit and it will tell you. Now if you vacuum and the pressure dont go up on the filter its not working. If as you vacuum the pool turns green then something is not right in the filter. Yes water should come out of the jets as you vacuum

ED

Old 07-15-05, 08:40 AM
B
Vacumn on waste

If you have water coming back in from the return jets during vacuming there is a good chace you are just recirculating the material you are picking up or reallly fouling your filter. I always vacumn with my pum on waste, it bypasses the sand filter and pumps the vacumned material out of the pool. Of course you will have to bring the water level back up to normal when you finish.

Old 07-15-05, 06:56 PM
F
that is exactly what's happening. but i have a cartridge filter which u do not back wash. so what do i do? there is a valve on the bottom of the filter which when opened, allows water to come out. i do not know what theis valve is for. it doesn't say anywhere on the filter or in the so called manual. please help. my blood is boiling!

Old 07-15-05, 07:02 PM
Wink

The cartridge filter you have to take it out and wash it down with a hose so its clean . Then put it back in

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: