Tile slide not slippery.

Old 07-16-05, 03:22 AM
Tile slide not slippery.

We have a slide going into our pool that has water running down it, but when you try to go down it, you can barely even push yourself down it. The surface is tile, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can coat it with to make it really slippery. My sister recently built a pool with a rock slide and the slippery part is coated with some kind of glossy stuff that works very well, anyone know what this might be???

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-05, 10:33 AM
hard to believe wet tile would not be slick enough, however, #1 can you meter you system to put more water down the slide ? most systems have such valving, check it out, # 2 try using one of those rubber interlocking mats apx 2 ft. x 2 ft. you can buy them all over they generally come in packages or 4 / 6 , #3 the stuff that is generally put on rock slides is epoxy , or marine varnish, however i still believe that wet tile would be slicker than any other means ? ?

steve

Old 07-16-05, 05:17 PM
We figured it would be slippery enough too, but shorts and bathing suit bottoms grip the tile pretty good even with plenty of water running down. Even then, after a while calcium has built up on the tile from sprinklers near by and rain. I was thinking of using some kind of epoxy or a resin but wasn't sure what would work better.

Old 07-17-05, 04:48 PM
well seeing how thats the case, you would have to remove the calcium deposits in order for the epoxy or marine varnish to stick, so see if there is possibly some one in your area who " POLISHES " tile this would remove the mineral deposits and I think youll find when there clean you won't have to go any further, they will be plenty slippery.

steve

Old 07-17-05, 05:38 PM
Mineral deposits should be removed from tile. There are products available to remove calcium and lime deposits. Repeat applications may be necessary. Read and follow directions.

Coating glazed ceramic tile with any type of product is not recommended. You can purchase waterslide mats for slicker and speedier sliding.